Short Term Housing Support
*****COVID-19 Update. The STHS team are still working remotely and accepting referrals for STHS. To speak to a member of our STHS team please call us on 07943 836499. You can also complete the online referral form below.*****
What is Short Term Housing Support?
Housing Support is available for the purpose of enabling Tenants with short term housing support needs to maintain their tenancy and become independent in doing so. The Service enables individuals to keep their home and prevent them from losing their tenancy or becoming homeless.
If you have a tenancy and believe you have a short term housing support need then you could be eligible for Short Term Housing Support, whether you are a Fife Council tenant, own your home, rent from a landlord, are currently in temporary accommodation (unsupported), in sheltered housing, in a hostel environment, accommodation for the learning disabled, women's refuges or shared dwellings.
As part of this service we can help you get in touch with the right people and provide guidance and support with housing support tasks, including:
- Issues around benefits, completing forms or making benefit claims
- Issues with debt, money and budgeting, maximising your income, managing your money and paying your bills
- Health and wellbeing, healthy living
- Household skills
- Access to services, Community awareness, Getting familiar with a new area
- Lack of social networks, befriending, etc
- Personal safety
- Guidance on how to access education, employment, training and volunteering opportunities
- Making referrals to other agencies for more specialised help
Referral for Assessment for Short Term Housing Support Services
Please read the accompanying guidance document before making this referral